Summer 2022 Grades Are Posted
Summer 2022 grades, updated GPAs and updated academic standing are now available in Degree Works.
Faculty Self Service Links
- Class List (with photos)
- Week at a Glance
- Final Grades
- Faculty/Staff Browse Schedule of Classes
- Access to DegreeWorks
- FOR MANAGED MACHINES:
Windows: Use IE or Edge
Mac: Install and use PORTABLE version of Firefox from a USB flash drive. (doesn't require Admin privileges)
- FOR PERSONAL MACHINES:
Windows: Use IE or Edge
Mac: Install and use Firefox
- FOR MANAGED MACHINES:
- Faculty Textbook Adoption
- Federal Aid Eligibility Validation
Banner - Administrative Applications
Access to Banner Administrative Applications, formerly known as INB, is limited to on campus only. Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome are preferred.
Access to Document Management requires Internet Explorer and are only available on campus.
Access Leave Reports, Time Sheets, EPAFs, and more!
Access to Banner workflow is limited to on campus only.
Campus Connect provides the entire campus a coordinated care and communication network that helps manage student risk from identification to resolution, using data and analytics to optimize student support and to improve student outcomes. Departments, colleges, and divisions--academic, administrative, and student services--are integrated in their efforts to drive student success.
The training (or development) site allows for training, testing, and development of new features and functions. Training site data is not updated nightly and should be used only for training purposes.
If you experience technical issues with Campus Connect, please email email@example.com, including your contact information and a detailed description of the issue.
SHSU Online Newsletter
This Month @ SHSU Online
Registration is now open for the 11th annual Digital Education Summit, a free, virtual, one-day teaching and learning event promoting best practices and methodologies for online educators in K-12 and higher education.
SHSU Online staff recently attended the Teaching and Learning Roadmap for Blackboard Ultra at the Anthology Together conference in Orlando, Florida. The session was packed full of useful information and important context about how development for Blackboard Ultra has been ratcheted up.
SHSU Online welcomes three new staff members this month!
SHSU Online presents the Blackboard Instructor Boot Camp for the Fall 2022 semester. This three-day, drop-in event is for instructors who are new to Blackboard Ultra, or for those just needing to brush up on their course building skills.
Instructor presence, according to students, is a factor in satisfaction in online courses. Discussions can assist in engaging students in your courses. Discussions broaden communication and foster strong connections among the group and with you.
- Academic (and other) Calendars
- Academic Policy Manual
- Committee Book
- Emergency Policies and Procedures
- Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Senate
- Early Alert
- SHSU Room Technology
- Use this site to view available room technology for your classes.
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
- Policies and Procedures
- To VIEW or PRINT a class roster:
- In the MySam portal, select the Faculty channel
- In the Faculty Self Service Links channel, select Class List (with photos)
- Select the course name/number you would like to view (the Subject does not appear to be a link)
- Option 1:
- Select Print in the top right corner of the Class List (pop-up blocker must be turned off)
- When the roster displays, right click to select the Print option after selecting your print preferences
- Option 2:
- Select Export in the top right corner of the Class List
- Choose an Excel Spreadsheet option and select Export
Lab & Classroom Services
IT@Sam Lab and Classroom Services
IT@Sam has several computer labs across the SHSU campuses. Each lab is equipped with Windows 7 workstations, DVD-RW drives, scanners, printers, USB ports and other peripheral items. Software installed in the computer labs is the same across all IT@Sam computer labs.
IT@Sam Home Page: https://www.shsu.edu/it@sam/
Labs Home Page: https://www.shsu.edu/dept/it@sam/services/lab-classroom-services/computerlabs.html
Labs Reservation Schedule: https://www.shsu.edu/dept/it@sam/services/lab-classroom-services/reservations.html
IT@Sam Newsletter: https://www.shsu.edu/dept/it@sam/
Academic Performance Solutions (APS)
Academic Performance Solutions (APS) is a solution designed to empower academic and financial leaders with the department-specific performance and cost data to make more effective decisions. This dashboard will give you a quick look at overall performance of your departments, indicate historical trends, and provide benchmark data from peer and aspirant universities.
Bearkat EduNav is an academic planner and registration tool that allows students and advisors to create educational plans individualized to the students’ needs. There are two environments to access the system:
- shsu-box.edunav.com - A test / sandbox site where advisors can test and practice using the system; data is updated multiple times a semester.
- shsu.edunav.com - A live / production site where students can see what changes the advisor makes, and advisors can see the changes the students make; data is updated as close to "immediate" as possible based on SHSU traditional timelines.
Preferred Browser: Google Chrome